July 29, 2006

Nintendo DS

Today we got a Nintendo DS Lite!!! I'm so happy! It is going to help me get thru the 6 weeks at home after little H is born. :) I'm also thinking about playing Sacred, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and XenoSaga II. I may not get around to playing any of those, but I have them "in reserve" in case I need em.

I have been saving up rewards from all the surveys that I do online and got it from Amazon. I did a printer survey that took about 30 minutes, and got $20 Amazon for it. I also did a website evaluation for someone else $10 Amazon. Plus several others that I can't recall. My rewards didn't totally pay for it, but they mostly did. I've also ordered New Super Mario Brothers. You have to have Mario for any "No Intiendo"system that you get!

I have only one game that works with it right now, which is the GBA Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. I have a few older GameBoy games, but they won't fit in the slot. I have to look around online to see if there's a hack to let me play them.

My plan is not to buy any DS games until I can get them used. Instead, I'll get some of the better of the 900 GBA games that have been released. All those GBA games are playable on the DS.

I also have to read up on the built in Wifi. I never call it Wifi; I think that's a silly name. I just call it wireless. Anyway, the info on that is at NintendoWiFi.com.

It's a nice system and I'm quite pleased! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Emmakirst said...

Ohhhh my daughter has one they are great. Right now all she plays is that Nintendogs game, she finds it addictive, but i'm trying to get a game for it, Trauma Center: Under the Knife. Looks cool :)

Anonymous said...

I got a DS myself last night. Playin me some Brain Age!

djh

Did I already comment this? I can't remember.