July 6, 2006

Jaded Empire

I got this letter from Empire Who's Who. At first, I was kind of pleased, but then I remembered many years ago having the "opportunity" to publish a stupid poem in a book, and then to purchase the book for a good amount of money. I did that, and was happy, but it wasn't the "honor" I originally thought it was.

Anyway, a bit off Googleing says this may be the same dubious kind of honor. Check it out...


Click for the larger, readable version...

I still may do it just for sh and grins, but I'm surely not buying the book. I could use that google + trick I talked about a few posts ago to see if they sell my email address, eh?

2 comments:

Rutherford said...

How extensive is the Who's Who business? Seems like they have a Who's Who for every niche.

DarrellH said...

True. I wouldn't mind having my name printed in a book, though. Maybe my distant descendants will be doing research on day, find it, and say "Wow! I can't beleive he fell for this..." Haha.