July 4, 2006

Space...the Final Frontier

I am enthralled by Space. Ever since I can remember, I have loved watching rocket launches, shuttle launches, stargazing, space news, and really anything like that.

When I was in elementary school, we often went to the Principal's house next door to the school (it was a really small country school) and watched shuttle launches. I loved that. I was so sad when we didn't go over to watch the Shuttle Challenger launch. I'm not sure if they taped them and replayed them for us or how they did it, but somehow they knew this one wasn't one we should watch. I finally saw the accident when I got home that afternoon. I was glued to the TV for hours watching the endless speculation and analysis.

So, on the theme of loving space exploration, I was just looking at the NASA web pages about the Shuttle Discovery launch today and found Countdown 101. This taught me a lot about how the whole countdown process works. Everyone's "T-2 minutes and counting" or the like. Now I know what that means.

Good Luck Discovery!!!

1 comment:

Rutherford said...

Is there a better job title than astronaut? I would love to go to space. Maybe someday I will be able to.