July 9, 2006

SpywareQuake - newest rogue, replacing SpyFalcon and SpyAxe

Posted to Digg by me:

I know of at least one person who has been infested with SpywareQuake already, and surely many more will follow. Computer techs need to get ready to fight off this evil slime. Thanks a lot SafeSurf LLC for this new piece of "job-security-ware".

read more - digg story

[Update: I made a visit to the sick computer and was able to clean it up using these instructions from BleepingComputer.com. I did some TLC on it and it is working now. Nasty little buggers, these spyware infestations...]

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it here that I do computer consulting on the side from my "real job". My rates are reasonable, I think. They're much lower that computer consulting companies. If anyone needs a computer consultant, let me know. :) I do mostly software and networking, but I can do any kind of general troubleshooting. I usually refer people to a shop that I like for hardware problems, but I don't see a lot of hardware problems - it's mostly spyware and stuff like that. I also work for several businesses including a dentist's office and an upholstery shop. My email address is in my right side bar near the bottom in case anyone is looking for a patient and talented computer guy that explains things in English rather that computer-ese.

No comments: