July 4, 2006

Rainy Fireworks

It rained on us as we went to the Lackland AFB fireworks display tonite. We got in and parked about 8:45 but decided to wait in the car until 9 to see if the rain would slow down. Right at 9, it was still raining, but we figured that we had better get going if we were going to make the 10-15 minute walk to the place to sit. So, I got out and started getting ready to go and then Boom, Boom! The fireworks were a bit early. I think they decided that everyone was leaving due to the rain, so they kicked it off early.

We scrambled to the back of the truck, opened the hatch, and just sat inside protected from the rain to watch. It was enjoyable and I snapped a few pics with my phone. We deliberately left the camera at home, but I am such a shutterbug that I couldn't resist! :)






It was a good if rainy display. We had a good laugh. The light inside the hatch stayed on and was bugging us and I was trying and trying to figure out how to turn it off. Couldn't figure it out, so I got an old business card, chewed some gum really quickly and stuck it on. Problem solved!!! Hahahaha.

After it was over, we scrambled back to the front of the car to get in the line of cars ready to leave. We got in line at precisely 9:20 and go out the gate (about 200 yards away) at 10:05. it wasn't as bad as we expected. Jen had preplanned and we had a Peanut Butter sandwich for Bren and some homemade pecan pie for us. My fave!

Though wet, and off schedule, and lots of traffic, we had a good time! We came back home and did some sparklers with Bren in the back yard before watching more fireworks videos on the net. :)

No comments: