July 9, 2006

Experiments, etc

Today, I did two experiments on myself. I've never been able to open my eye under water, and in fact have very rarely gone under water willingly, but I was trying to do that today. I tried repeatedly to open my eyes under the water in the shower, but was unfortunately unsuccessful More testing necessary.

The second was I wanted to see how cold I could stand to get the water (ala Buddhist Monk style.) Also a disappointing result on this one I'm afraid. I can only stand to turn the water 1/3 of the way to full cold in the shower. I gradually worked my way up to that, too. I don't know how cold that was, but it seemed pretty cold at the time. It probably wasn't. :)

I also worked on the Tomato garden today. We have some kind of itty bitty bugs on some of the plants, so I removed the worst infested one and trimmed off the bad parts of two others. I did leave the root and some stem of the mostly removed plant, just to see if it will grow shoots. Now that I think of it, I probably should have left at least one set of leaves, but I didn't think of that. That may be my downfall on this. Oh well, those bugs had pretty much killed the plant anyway. I have some super spray that I have to put on all the plants this evening to see if I can persuade the bugs into abandoning the good ship Tomato Garden. We'll see...

No comments: