July 22, 2006

Eff-ing Laundromat

Since the washer is broken, we took 3 loads to the laundry today. I thought it was pricey at $1 per wash, but we had to do something. It was sweltering hot in there even thought the sign on the door proclaimed it was "Cool Inside." That must have been referring to how cool the 2 retro (read: old ass, beat up) arcade-style video games were. Or were they talking about the 3 soda machines enclosed in mesh grate to prevent vandalism. Either way, it was as hot inside as it was outside and inside there was no breeze!

In case you need a laundry in San Antonio, this is where we went. The machines were good, but I can't recommend it due to the heat and price.

Kwik Wash Laundry Inc
9055 Marbach Rd
San Antonio, TX 78245
(210) 673-3200

So, we popped the clothes in and went to Walgreens across the street. Ahhhhhh, cool inside indeed!!! We loitered in there for a while and actually bought two things: a $1 box of popsicles for Brendan, and a 48 count package of emery boards for my mother, who always complains that we don't have any when she comes to visit. Haha! We'll fix here. Those were only a dollar too.

So, back to the laundry, snag all the clothes, and home to dry em. Thank god the dryer is working!

(As an aside, I realize I'm a spoiled American because of this. I'm complaining about having clothes to wash, and the money to wash them, and a way to get there. I could have to take the bus, or do the wash in the river. So, bitch session over, and I'm really not as annoyed as I sound .)

(Hopefully the timer for the washer, which has been ordered at a cost of only $80, will arrive soon. That's a good deal compared to the $300 that Sears repair was going to charge me! They're good, but that was just too expensive. I need them more for diagnosing the problem that repairing it. I can fix that, I know I can!!! Maybe.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2006-07-22-future-laundry_x.htm

dj

DarrellH said...

You find the most amazing and pertinent links. Thanks!