December 19, 2005

SETI @ BOINC

Following up on the article I just posted, I've made the move to BOINC. I'm not as fond of it as I was of the stand-alone SETI app, but it is sufficient. It seems harder to use to me, but now that I am beginning to get used to it, I like it a little better. I have it running on a few machines, and I'm crunching data 100% of the time for SETI. That's one of my favorite causes.

Even though Dr Anderson say "The science that SETI@home does is currently a dead end" I'm still hopeful that some good will come from the project. Maybe some new parts of the sky can be scanned or something. I do believe that there are other intelligences out there, but we just can't detect them yet. Either we just haven't chanced upon them, or maybe they are preventing us from detecting them. Who knows? I'm just waiting to see...

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu

No comments: