December 14, 2005

Great Oatmeal

Today I had Great Oatmeal.

Recipe:
Empty two envelopes of your favorite instant oatmeal (mine is cinnamon) into the cooking vessel of your choice. Add the appropriate amount of Promised Land Vivacious Vanilla milk. Consult the oatmeal envelope for the amount. Stir. Add three-ish tablespoons of crushed pineapple. Stir. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes, then stir and eat.

*Actually, it might be more or less pineapple - depends on how much you like pineapple.
**I also let mine sit for about 30 minutes. I swear it makes it taste twice as good. I cook it in my microwaveable thermos at home, close it up, and then eat it when I get to work. Try it that way if you can. The extra sit time makes a lot of difference. In fact, I once forgot to eat it for breakfast, and had it as dessert at lunch. It was still warm and extra, extra yummy. The only reason I don't always do it that way is that I can stand to wait that long!
***Sorry, Alton, I just use instant oatmeal for the convenience and ease of preparation. If I had more than 2 minutes to make it in the morning, I'd use real. It's a trade-off I'm willing to make for a few minutes extra sleep. :)

No comments: