June 4, 2006

Paper Bins

All over San Antonio, the paper recycling bins are full. I don't know why they aren't being picked up, but I've emailed the San Antonio director to ask.

I checked their map, and they have bins all over. I'm actually surprised that there are so many. I've been to at least 8 locations lately, and almost every bin is full.



Hopefully they'll pick them up soon.

While I was reading up on their info on the website, I saw a link to a good article in the The Christian Science Monitor about paper recycling.

Last month, the American Forest and Paper Association reported that paper recycling reached a record high in the US in 2005. More than 51 percent of all paper products consumed was recovered, up considerably from 1990, when 33 percent was recycled.

I was really surprised that so much paper get recycled, but I'm happy about that. I do a lot of work to contribute to that 51%!!! :)

1 comment:

Rutherford said...

Good work, Darrell. You might have to keep after them, but it is important so that people who find full bins don't get discouraged about recycling.