November 12, 2006

Sunday Plans


I got up early this morning with Andy, did some laundry, and ate some yummy cereal. My absolutely favorite right now is Cran-Vanilla Crunch.
<--- Yummy!!!!
I can go through boxes of the stuff. It is awesome. Fruity and Sweet, it's a diabetic's nightmare. Hehe.

Both boys are awake with me this morning so, this entry is taking 5 times longer to write than it should. Andy just went down for a nap in his swing. Swing is the word for GODSEND in Darrell language, in case you didn't know.

Jen's mom has been here this week and that has been cool. She's nice and pretty smart. She knows everything you would ever want to know about convenience stores. I think she's worked in them for many years and her husband manages them. She told me all about how Gasoline Delivery Trucks work. I've been trying to find more info on the net about that, but I can't. Apparently, the big tanker trucks that deliver to gas stations are not just giant tanks like I thought. They have smaller cylinders inside, I assume for safety. I wanted to see some pictures of that...

Also, this morning while listening to Japan-A-Radio, I was thinking of my favorite anime series Cardcaptor Sakura. I just love that series. I've seen every episode and the movies too. Next time I have an opportunity to buy myself a little something, I'm going to get these PVC figures from Amazon.com. I just love them.

Card Captor Sakura Sakura Sweet Collection



I was just looking at the archives on Blender.org. It is a really cool site for photorealistic rendering. Here's one pic from the gallery that looks just awesome. It's totally computer generated...but it looks like a really good photo. Cool huh?



Well, today my jobs are to mow the grass if it warms up and to attach Brendan's slide to his swingset. Here's the before picture...



The swing attaches on the left platform, so that he can slide down into the grass rather than into the cement fence. Smart right? Hehe. Next post will have an after picture if I get to do it.

2 comments:

Margo said...

That's a computer generated photo?? It does look real!

I'd like to get Stephen a swing set for Christmas, but Mike says no way. I don't think he wants to put the thing together.

DarrellH said...

The one we got was hard to do and required cutting and drilling. It was (and continues to be) a challenging experience, but a rewarding one. If I had to do it again, I am not sure that I'd agree to this whole "let's build it" thing...