September 22, 2007

I'm back

Gee, I haven't written in a long time. It isn't that I don't want to, but I have two reasons: 1) I have been so freaking busy with work and consulting and stuff and 2) I have been using all my free time with Jen and the kids. But, for now I'm on my own. Jen and the boys are visiting my parents. I'm going to try to write more this weekend.

I'm listening to the Splendid Table right now. They are talking about Apples and I was so surprised that the time from first hybridization to market is 30 years. Case in point: the new HoneyCrisp Apple. It has been 30 years in development! It is very good, in this apple lover's opinion. It's also very expensive at $2.99 per pound, at least here in South Texas. It must be cheaper near where it is grown, but it is pricey here. Anyway Lynne had Dr. David Bedford from the University of Minnesota, one of the creators of the HoneyCrisp, on the show.

I also heard and ad for Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard, which I may have to take Jen to. I didn't know you could grow olives in Texas, but apparently you can. I think she'd love to have an olive tree.

Jalapenos
I also picked a ton of our red Jalapenos this morning. We have the non-hot jalapenos, and I really like them. Unfortunately, I found we have lots of Orange Bugs on our tomatoes. Their days are numbered.



Back later...

No comments: