August 8, 2006

Bren + GBA = Fun

Brendan is positively glued to me while I play my Nintendo DS. He sits beside me and creeps closer and closer until his face is literally in front of mine and I'm looking at the back of his big honkin head. Or he'll sit on my back and wiggle excitedly while giving me advice as I'm lying in bed playing it. He's so funny. "Oops! Try 'gain dad!" He always says that when little Mr Mario "falls down" --- which is what I call all manner of demise from being bumped by a goomba to falling off a cliff. Call me overprotective, but I don't want him to have to try to grasp death even if it is bits and bytes. Hehe. We're having enough trouble with him and guns...darn you Clayton!!!

I played New Super Mario Brothers today for a while, and when I was finished, he grabbed the old Gameboy Advance and the 3 original GB carts that I have but can't play on the DS (Darn ye Nintendo!) and wanted to play. Since I never really used the GBA very much (too dark, can't see the screen) I figured he would enjoy it. I carefully taught him how to change carts after turning it off, and he's just happy as a clam. He can't figure out how to play any of the games, but that's not too important. He just wants to have a portable to hold in his hands while I play!

No comments: