August 5, 2006

1and1 tech support incompetent

If you read some of my previous posts, you know that I lately signed up with 1and1.com hosting. I am pretty happy with the price, service, and speed that they serve pages. What I am NOT happy with is the sheer incompetence of the tech support personnel there. I had to ask the same question 4 times before I got a tech that was able to give a pertinent answer and then the answer was "There's no way to do that unless you're using FrontPage" which I'm not.

I still like the service and will keep them, but my original goal was to see how good they were so I could be comfortable recommending them to my clients. I am not sure that I can recommend them due to the poor tech support. The service is great, and it would probably be very affordable and usable if one never needed tech support.

I'm still a little frustrated with them. I've since asked them a second question, to which I got a good (if not fast) answer. This is good service for a techie, but don't need technical support or you're outta luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little harsh don't you think? I have been with 1&1 for a little while now. Mostly for domains, but I have found that the quality of suport and answers really seems on when you call/email and who handles your case. I have had some excellent help from them, but once in a while it can be questionable. I think this would be the case for any web host though. Just my .02