February 12, 2006

Oh No, Ohno!

We just watched Apolo Anton Ohno have a slip in the race that could have put him into the finals in Men's Short track speed skating. He was in second place and tried to pass the leader, but accidentally touched the leader's skate and that messed up his run. I was so hoping to see him take gold. Well, way to go Apolo - you are great for having made it to Torino. I'll be watching for you in Vancouver!

From the official page:

Ohno stumbled coming into the closing lap of his semifinal and only made the B Final, where racers contest places seven to 12. In fact, he almost missed that race entirely, jumping over the barriers onto the ice as the others lined up.

"It's disappointing. I wanted to make that final," said the 23-year-old, who ultimately finished eighth.

"In my heart I felt I could have been there. I put everything on the table today.
"Prepared myself mentally, physically the best I can. I was really looking forward to it."


Ohno from the US slips during men's 1500 metres Short Track Speed Skating semi-final at the Winter Olympic Games © Reuters

Here's another article about it too. And here's a fan page for AAO.

No comments: