February 9, 2006

Like free software?

I've really been getting into open source software lately, and the best place to find it is SourceForge.net. Here's their list of all-time top downloads from their site. Some very useful stuff.

http://sourceforge.net/top/topalltime.php?type=downloads

Today I am looking for a program that will download all the text and graphics of my web page and save them locally so that I can back them up. There's a lot of writing that I've done in a year and I'd rather not lose it if blogger has a catastrophe.

I'm at home today taking a sick day. I felt like Odo at hour 16.5 when I woke up this morning and I just couldn't make myself go to work. I was showered, shaven, etc, etc and then I just went back to sleep until 11. Hmmmm.

2 comments:

Me, Not You said...

I really don't have a comment about this article... I just wanted to say that I read your "About Me" and you have a great sense of humor!

~B

DarrellH said...

Thank you!!!! smile smile smile!