September 26, 2005

Last Shelter Visit

I went to the shelter today at lunch to take some signs, and to find out what other signs I needed to make. I got stuck working on a printer, and didn't get back to work on time. Oops.

I went over again after work and stayed until about 10pm, then came home. I didn't do anything of particular note tonight. I have a neat pic on my phone that I am going to put up, thought. I did make sure that the Humane Society rep was well taken care of and I watched over the Transportation Desk quite a bit. I guess the overall theme of this time of volunteering was taking care of pet issues, transportation issues, and of course being the Assistant Peach Engineer! Hehe. Funny thing is that I didn't eat a single peach. I have some in the fridge though, that I may eat tonite.

All in all, it was a great experience. I met so many nice people. Adam first and foremost. Angie and Geri, who I kept confusing. Nicolas, who had really cool wavy hair. Barbara. Karen. Darlene! Aww Darlene was a riot. I have her in the pic I took tonite. That was it I guess. Maybe I'll do it again next disaster. I highly recommend volunteering for Red Cross.

P.S. I had lots of water while working there. Wanna see?

I saw with my own eyes several thousand bottles of this water. The volume of supplies there was astounding.

No comments: