September 10, 2005

A Baby Shower

We went to a baby shower about a week ago at work and among the "activities" was a baby food ID contest. Jen apparently had done this one before but I had only heard of it. I wasn't certain about how I felt about the prospect of tasting pureed mush, but I did it anyway.

What you had to do was try a little taste of each of 10 things of varying colors, odors, and textures and then decide what it was in its previous life. You wrote down your guess (everyone did #1 at the same time, and so on) and at the end traded papers with someone (other than our spouse) and checked each other.

Here's was my poor attempt...



And here's Jen's "been-there-done-that" list.



I couldn't help but be humorous! I have to admit that I didn't taste #3. Yech! It smelled just like motor oil to me... Jen said she had trouble on 5, but she did finally figure it out. 5 must have been the worst tasting thing I've ever eaten that was supposed to be food. Man this stuff was just nasty!!! :) Now #2 - that was some good stuff. I'ma gonna have to git me summa that!!!

Jen brought home the trophy for the baby food contest and I brought home the one for the "drinking Sprite out of a sippy cup quickly" contest. We knocked em dead. I guess we're old hands at parenting now. Hehe.

No comments: