June 21, 2005

Misc Stuff

Yesterday I won an eBay auction for the Xbox remote that I wanted. $10.78 - what a bargain. The brand name ones are 30 bucks at Wally World. This non brand one will suit me just fine, I think.

Played a little RuneScape last night. Love it, Love it, Love it. [Zombie] I'm so tired. Must go home on time and play more tonight. [/Zombie]. I met the top, top player the other night: saibot 0330. He dropped some junk after leading about 15 people around the world for many minutes. Junk to him - treasure to us little people.

Bought strawberries for 98 cents. (I just went on an internet quest for how to type the cent sign; didn't find it, but did find http://www.charlieanderson.com/centsign.htm) I haven't eaten any, but that was a good price. Also at the same time, here's a little annoyed sound at Wally World - I saw a large endcap display for fresh cherries, at $2.48 per pound. I picked up a bag and thought, "Gee this is awfully big for a pound." Sure enough! Right on the scale - two pounds. Do you know how few people actually weight the prepackaged bags of cherries? I'd say I'm the only one anywhere to not automatically assume that it was a 1 lb bag. So, most people will think they're spending two forty-eight when actually they're spending closer to 5 bucks. I also surmise that most people don't pay a lot of attention when they are being checked out and won't ever know. So here's a raspberry to walmart for misleading cherry selling. On the other hand, the price for a box of strawberries sure was good, so maybe the people who get screwed on cherries are subsidizing my cheap strawberries. Thanks people-who-don't-pay-attention! How about all those berry references? Haha!

That's my rambling for today. Now I need to get some work done.

No comments: