April 7, 2007

JenH Server Problems

JenH.org is having Server Problems. Tech support (haha, I'm the tech support) says that they'll work on it in the morning.

It was making a weird grind-click noise that I hope is a fan.

She should be back online tomorrow if everything is OK.

-Darrell

[Update:] I've opened the machine and vacuumed out all the dust bunnies. It looks like it needs a new CPU fan, but the existing one should work for a little longer now that it is de-gunked. :)

[Update2:] Actually it wasn't the CPU fan, it was the power supply fan. The PS was overheating and powering off, then cooling down enough to come back on, then powering off again. I bought a replacement fan but it didn't work. I noticed that the wires on the new fan were backwards and rewired it. Viola, fixed!

No comments: