February 27, 2005

My Sunday

Sunday was a good day. I got up early, well, not really early - 9:30ish - and played a little Halo 2 on neXBC. I like that a lot. It's basically a free Xbox Live for people that have plenty of computers but don't want to pay for Live. You don't' have to do it this way, but I have a crossover cable from my Xbox to a PC, and that PC has a wireless card in it. The neXBC and winPcap capture packets from the Xbox and reroute them to the internet - thus turning the internet into a big honkin' lan, at least as far as my Xbox knows. I played Team slayer with like 12 others, but one person on my own team kept killing me. Dumba**! Then we played Team King, which is a team variant of king of the hill. That was awesome!!!!

Then Bren woke up. I played a bit more with him in my lap, but that was impractical. Hehe. So, we bailed and watched bugs bunny and woody woodpecker and Tom n Jerry. It was fun. My all time favorite bugs bunny is called "The Rabbit of Seville". We ate some good cinnamon roll cereal and Bren had a sippy of milk.

Jen got up and we did nothing for a while. Then we went outside and did mondo yard work in the front. We took up lots of square stepping stones and rocks so that we can make a nice flower bed in front of the house. I weed eat-ed and swept and dug and all kinds of things. It was good exercise. Then we went to meet our friend Dobie. We gave him a $50 gift card for HEB since he's a (literally) starving artist and we just got our tax refund (thanks Bren - ching-ching) plus we took him out to dinner at Chacho's. We all four shared the King Kong nachos. Delish!

After we parted ways with him, we went to Lowe's for a light, but they were closed- dern! Then we went to the Big Wal-Mart and bought a power washer, Bren a plastic tricycle (I wish we could have found him a real metal one like I had when I was little), and a variety of other things. I got three of those new corkscrew fluorescent light bulbs. Jen bought a bubble blowing machine. We bought a garden hoe for $3. Cheapest hoe I've ever had. Hehe.

No comments: