February 26, 2005

CiCi's again

I just had a phone conversation with a lady about CiCi's pizza. Here's how it went:

DarrellH: Hello
FemaleCaller: Ees dis CiCi's pizza?
DH: (this is my standard spiel) No, I'm afraid they went out of business, but there's another one over on Culebra at 1604.

(I have to interject here that people are all alike. Everyone hears the "out of business" and they are so shocked that they don't hear the "there's another one". So for the rest of the conversation they assume that ALL CiCi's pizzas are out of business. I should find something better to say.)

FC: They went out of business?
DH: Yeah, and we got their number afterwards.
FC: Oh my gootness.
DH: Yeah, it's a good number, but it's kind of odd.
FC: You mus geet a lot of phone callsss.
DH: Haha, yeah, but I also have a lot of interesting conversations with people.
FC: Hmm, I liked the CiCi's on Blanco road.
DH: Yeah, I think I ate there once. It's nice.
FC: Do you know why they all went out of business?
DH: No, maybe this one was just a bad location or something. The Culebra one is still open and all the rest are too.
FC: Oh, the rest are open?
DH: Yeah, and the Culebra one is nice. It's right by the big Wal-Mart.

(interjection #2: isn't everything near the freakin big wal-mart these days?)

FC: Ok, thanks.
DH: All right, you have a good day.
FC: Jou too.

I really get a kick out of talking to people on the phone. The ones that bother to talk are pretty nice. Many just hang up.Some are morons, and those people I kind of jerk their chains a little, but most are amusing.

On another phone topic, we get calls for the Hyatt and a totally different, non-CiCi's, pizza place. I guess we're the tastes-like-chicken of phone numbers. If they can't get it right, they end up with us. We're the default phone number of the world. You just dial random digits in India and you get us. "Ehllo, sir, is tis tah CiCi's pizza on Tonjab Roadh?" "Yes, and the special of the day is Hamburger pizza." -He says, offending the entire population of India in one blog post. Hahahahahahahahahahah.

No comments: