April 7, 2006

This Evening

This evening was unique in that we did more than we usually do in a typical evening...and less. Allow me to explain. I left work about 10 minutes early to come home an get J & B. We had planned and she had told him that we were "going to the beach." That was a biiiiiit misleading, because we really had planned to go to the big indoor pool at my work. Having been working where I work for 13 years, the funny thing is that I had never swam in that pool. I just never had an opportunity or reason to before today. So, we went and it was nice. The water was a little cold for an indoor pool, but I guess they're being cheap and not heating it. I would normally have said that they don't bother heating it because no one uses it. I found out, however, that some people do use it. When we got there a teacher's wife and kid were swimming, but they left. Then a lady and boy came, two ladies that I work with, and two students later on. It was fun, but chilly. They need to warm it up a bit. I suggested that we bring a little electric coffee warmer next time. Hehe. I mean one of those old ones with the heating element that you stick in the coffee, but I can't find a picture of one. Basically the heating element is a metal loop that goes inside the cup, while hooking on the rim. I wonder now if this is real or if I imagined it because I just can't find a picture of one. Ha! Finally! Ebay comes through. Here it is...



This is the car version, which is not what I was thinking of, but it's close enough.

So, back to our story...we swam and swam and all enjoyed it a lot. Needless to say, Brendan was NOT happy when it was time to get out. He whined and cried and struggled. I took him in the locker room with me and tried to wash us off, but had very little success. He positively squalled when I tried to get him in the shower with me, so I finally just gave up and dressed him. After that, we went to the truck and headed to Whataburger. (Side note: Whataburger sounds normal when I say it in everyday conversation, but writing it here makes me give that a second thought. To people outside Texas, it probably sounds really funny...)



It's one of our favorite places to eat. I sometimes complain that it is expensive, but really it isn't much more that McDungleBurger and it is soooooooooo much better. Brendan went to sleep on the way and slept thru dinner, but we brought his "justaburger" (the kiddie one) home for later. He was still dozing when we got home, so we all laid down and took a nap. They work up earlier than me (I'm always tired and can nap anytime) and thankfully let me sleep. So, that's the part about doing less than normal. I was tuckered out. It was a fun evening though. And tomorrow's Friday - Yeah!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,that trip to the company swimming pool sounds like it was a lot of fun. :)

Did you get your Easter ring yet form RS2? It changes you into a giant Easter egg whenever it is used. :O

Rutherford said...

That coffee heater looks like the interrogation device used by small town cops in Oklahoma.

Rutherford said...

Also, if you did use the device to heat the water in your immediate vicinity, it might give the wrong impression. Maybe you could add a percolating device as well to add further confusion. Brendan could tell his pals that Daddy always has warm bubbly water around him in the pool.

Anonymous said...

You haven't posted in awhile, everything ok?

DarrellH said...

Yeah, just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't done the Easter thing in RS, unfortunately. It's been a long time since I played...