April 29, 2006

No news is...no news

Stiiiiilllllll no news on the job. Man, the job has been posted on Monster for over a month now. I wonder if it has already been filled and they just haven't taken it down?

I'm still waiting.

Here's the job description, by the way:

Our Plano client is a world class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management. Serving more than 400,000 domestic and international customers, including over 400 of the Fortune 500; they are continuing their 40-year history of innovation, and developing new products and services to meet changing customer needs across North America. They have over 4,500 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.

Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Exchange Administrator to join their Information Technology Team. A new MS Exchange email environment is being developed internally, and this position will play an integral part of the implementation and ongoing support of the environment.

Skills:

· 3 years of Exchange 2003 (check!)

. Extensive experience installing and administering Microsoft Exchange email environment (check!)

· Thorough experience of DNS, DHCP, AD, SMTP and POP3, including IMAP (check!)

· Experience installing and administering Blackberry Enterprise Server and other push mail technologies (check!)

· Experience tuning and optimizing email system performance (check!)

· Excellent desktop platform knowledge (check!)

· Proficient with server technology (Dell) and enterprise backup strategies and technologies (check!)

· Windows NT/XP, Lotus Notes, Windows 2k3/AD and Exchange 2003 (check!)

Responsibilities:

· Design, develop and implement a new exchange email environment (I can do that...)

· Monitor and manage all email services and hardware (I can do that...)

· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for email system (I can do that...)

· Work with 3rd party vendor, e.g. Microsoft, RIM, etc. as needed to develop services and resolve issues as they arise (I can do that...)

· Escalation point for all email related issues (I can do that...)

· Monitor email system performance and optimize as needed (I can do that...)

Minimum Requirements:

· 2 years college or specialized Information Technology training (Got that.)

· Bachelor’s degree preferred in Information Technology (Got that.)

· 6-7 years total work experience (Got that.)

. 3 year plus of Exchange Server 2003 (Got that.)

(alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)

Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid vacation and company holidays.


It sounds like this job description was written for me. I fit the bill to a Tee. Just call me, future employer! Email me or send a carrier pigeon! Something! :)

I'm a little anxious...

2 comments:

Rutherford said...

I think I know this company. SK? Our muscular buddy once worked for them. Different kind of work though.

I'd hire you immediately.

DarrellH said...

You nailed it! At least I think so. The name isn't listed but Jen is an expert Googler and found it. I haven't heard anything so I'm still waiting.

Muskles have any comments on the company? Guess it mustn't have worked out if he isn't still there...

Thanks, mate, you're the bee's knees!