April 29, 2006

6th Anniversary

Today is our sixth anniversary. It's has generally been a good day. I had to go to work this morning to talk at an orientation, but I always enjoy doing that so it wasn't a problem. I made an hour or something. I'll certainly have a little overtime this pay period - yay! OT = Good.

After that was over, I went to the flower shop where I always go when I want to bring home flowers. The funny thing about that place is that I never remember that they only speak Spanish there. They're always really nice and tolerate my pidgin* Spanish. So, I got a dozen Rosas Rojo for my lovely wife. She likes flowers like a lot of girls do. :) Then I went and spent 50 cents to rinse off some grunge that was on my truck. The place to wash on the way home from work is so annoying. They have all these signs saying "Only 50 cents", but when you get in there and put in the 4 bits, you only get a minute and ten seconds. Most places that I've gone give you like 3 minutes for a dollar, I think. I can't seem to find out how much time is average. I probably don't know what to put in google to get that info... Anyway, if you're driving on General McMullen near 90, and see this place, you should just pass on by. It's a rip. Go somewhere else and spend a buck to get more than double the time.

So, on the way home, I picked up Jen's favorite breakfast: Fajitas and Eggs from Taco Cabana. Except she only eats the Fajitas right now. Eggs and Refried beans are banned by the little one in the belly, apparently. Hehe.

So, we ate and had a fun day playing Dungeon Siege 2 and working on Brendan's swing set. It was good. She gave me a yummy bag of Cherry Cordial filled Hershey kisses. I'd never seen them and she knows how I love new things that I've never seen before.

Happy 6th hon. I hope you can put up with me for at least 6 more. :)


*A pidgin is a new language which develops in situations where speakers of different languages need to communicate but don't share a common language. The vocabulary of a pidgin comes mainly from one particular language (called the "lexifier"). An early "pre-pidgin" is quite restricted in use and variable in structure. But the later "stable pidgin" develops its own grammatical rules which are quite different from those of the lexifier... http://www.une.edu.au/langnet/defintions.htm

No comments: