November 5, 2005

Late Night

Tonight's a late boy's night. Jen went to bed at 10:30 and Bren and I are still up. He watched Clifford's Really Big Movie, which actually isn't bad, and now we're both playing on the computers and half listening to Springtime with Roo. He's playing on www.starfall.com, which has to be one of the best sites for the 2-year-old set that there is, and I'm fooling around in iTunes. I decided to get my music library organized, and it was taking soooooooooooo long to transfer all of it to my lovely little iPod (15 Gig), that I had to do something.



I knew that my USB 2.0 card wasn't functioning properly b/c every time I hooked up the iPod, it said "I really could talk faster if you'd fix your USB card...". So, I shut down the computer, pulled out the card, and did a little googling. Soon enough, I had the driver downloaded (11.8 meg, about 15 seconds on lovely Earthlink cable) and ready to install. After I installed it and rebooted once just for safety (it didn't make me, but I'm like that) thing were just swimming! I hooked up the iPod and had all the songs transferred in about 10 minutes, whereas before it was transferring about 3 songs every 10 minutes. Yeah! It's great to fix something.

I've almost caught up on my TWiT episodes. I'm just starting episode 28, which I think is the latest one. It's really great. I listen in the truck on the way to and from work. I haven't listened to NPR, my usual, in about 2 weeks. It's been refreshing not to hear all that political drivel, and that garbage about the war and all.

I've been looking at all the podcasts on iTunes this week, and have listened to some and downloaded some of the VideoCasts too. I watched a bit of TWiT video, and a little of Tiki Bar (really weird, but good). I have downloaded some of DLTV, but not yet watched it yet - I really want to. And finally I watched an episode of Ms Kitka. That's definitely not your mainstream podcast, but it's good to be "exposed" to things unusual. Hehe.

And finally, I've just added myself to http://www.frappr.com/twit. What a cool piece of coding!

I took a picture of the top 20 podcasts so that I could look back and see what they were a year from now. I wonder if podcasts will even still be around a year from now...



That's all. Time to put the kid to bed!

No comments: