November 23, 2005

IUI Day

In just under an hour we're having an IUI in the hopes of 9 months from now having a bouncing baby girl. You always hear bouncing baby boy, and I don't know what the version of that for girl is, so...bouncing baby girl.

I'm wearing the closest thing that I have to a pink shirt, a maroon one, and I hope that'll do. Jen is wearing her two lucky charms around her neck, one on a pink string. Maybe those together will give us good JuJu.

The plan is after the IUI to have lucky Bean and Cheese tacos for her and Breakfast Jacks for me, or maybe I'll partake of the BnC also. Brendan, when he was in utero, always yanked the cord and demanded Bean and Cheeses, so that might give us luck too. We can hope!

We are keeping this trying to have a baby secret from our families, so if on the off chance any of you read this, wouldja mind just pretending to be surprised when we tell you? Thanks! That will at least make us feel like we have a secret. I do expect that we'll keep the name secret until the new baby meets the family in the recovery room. That's what we did last time and it drove some members of the family nuts. I'm leaning toward using the name of one of my childhood friends as a middle name, and the name of a favorite TV show character as the first name, but that's all open for a 9-month debate.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, buddy. And good luck to you too, Jen. I'll eat bean and cheese tacos too if it helps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for wearing the maroon shirt today! I have a good feeling about this... with 4 fat 'n juicy eggs, how can a miracle not occur?

DarrellH said...

Thanks, I! :)