April 1, 2005

Tatoos

I find it somewhat amusing that our male housemate came home with a giant tatoo on his arm tonight. He got a cross with the names of his daughter, wife, and her son from a previous marriage. The unusual thing is that I think that he thinks this will strengthen his marriage. They argue and fight frequently, and I don't think they respect each other as Jen and I do. So, what kind of logic is it to get something permanently put on your body with the name of someone you fight with all the time? I know that it's a symbol of his love, blah, blah, blah, but it doesn't make sense to me. They've been so mad at each other that each has left the house at one point or another. I think this is like those stories I've heard about women who have troubled marriages wanting a baby beacuse they think the marriage will be strengthed by it. I disagree with that too, by the way.

No comments: