April 18, 2005

1 year at home

April 16th marked the end of our first year in our lovely little house. We celebrated the occasion (!) by making a quick weekend trip to my parents. Anthony was having a fish fry and family party that dad asked us to come to so we blasted off from San Antonio at 3ish on Friday and made the trip. Austin traffic was terrible, as we hit it at precisely 5pm. So, we stopped and ate a tasty low card meal at Cheddar's. We finally got to the parents late and had a good weekend. I was tempted away from my diet by a pecan filled brownie, but made it a short diversion. Then we did the return trip Sunday night. Lots of driving, but worth it, I think. We finished Harry Potter 5 for the second time, just to refresh our memories before #6 comes out in a few months.

This morning when I was getting ready for work, I was sitting on the side of the bed (Brendan was in bed with us) putting hand lotion on and rubbing my hands together. I knew Bren was awake, but I didn't know he was watching me. I heard a funny swishing behind me and turned to find him imitating me rubbing my hands together. How funny! So, I held my hands up and shook them just to see if he'd do it too and he did. He's never done anything like that before. I guess little boys really do like to imitate daddy. It was cute.

No comments: