April 27, 2005

Morning off

I took this morning off to watch Brendan while Jen slept. The little guy was sick yesterday, stuffy overnight, and just kept her up a lot. So, I called into work and played with him and watched TV with him and surfed the net with him on my knee for the morning. It was great. He swung in his swing a enjoyed bubbles from his bubble machine for a long time. Finally, he tuckered out and took a nap outside right in the swing! Too cute. I have to post a picture of him. It was nice to also have lunch at home.

Last night we traded in 7 mixed Xbox and Playstation games that I wasn't playing anymore to Blockbuster. They have this deal where you trade in any two games, and you get a brand new game for $29.99. I put my two lowest valued games (I checked at a useful website: http://www.sellvideogames.com/) on the top of the stack and used those as the two. Then, the other 5 went to another deal. Trade in 3 or more at once and get an extra 5 bucks per game on top of what they normally offer. Soooooooo, I ended up with like 75 bucks on my account, used 30 of that to buy Jade Empire, and have a tidy sum left over for future purchases. I was happy and sped home to play the game. On the way, Jen noticed that we had gotten the Limited Edition, which was only supposed to be available if you pre-ordered! Woo Hoo! Extra bonus!!! I really came out on top in this deal. Blockbuster is the best place to trade in stuff!!!

No comments: