April 25, 2005

New firsts (now?)

Well, I have one cool first and one no-so-cool first.

Brendan this week has started saying "Woo Hoo". This is one of my favorite things to say, so I'm REALLY happy. Can't imagine where he picked that up.

The other first is (and by the time your child is two, you would think that the firsts would take somewhat of a hiatus, but no) the little rat took off a poo-poo diaper in the middle of the living room. Thank god that it was the living room with the wood floor, not the carpet one and (TMI here) thank god it was the "ball poopies". For parents, you know what I mean. For kid free people - just wait!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, the unending joys of having children.

Oh, here's something funny too. We just bought two couches at goodwill (eh, cheapest place in town to get good stuff; I'm not above saving a few bucks) and I impulse-bought Bren a little adult exercise (!) trampoline. It's huge for him, and since another of his favorite phrases du month is "Jump! Jump!" it's right up his alley. But, he's afraid to get on it without one of us holding his hand. It feels so good to be needed. 8-]

No comments: