March 25, 2005

Friday with Les

Today we had a really nice visit with my old high school friend Leslie C. I hadn't seen him since his wedding last June, but we have emailed a few times since. He showed us the new house he and his wife have just had built. It's very nice. I think they are moving in tomorrow. He said they're actually hiring movers, which I think is wise since they live on the third floor of an apartment building and have a grand piano. Just kidding, no piano. Anyway, we rode around with him and just chatted and had a great time. He's fun to talk to. I even went to ace hardware with him to get fireplace tools. The new house has a fireplace, needless to say, or I would have been a little concerned. I had him hold a stone like the one that we were using to build our flower bed and he was surprised at how heavy it was.

We're enjoying being up here at my folks in North Texas for a while. Brendan really likes it up here. He definitely talks more while we're here, as he's getting constant interaction from someone. It's good. We're going to color eggs tomorrow and get ready for Easter on Sunday. I've watched two episodes of one of my favorite shows, Modern Marvels. One of these days we're going to have good cable...

No comments: