March 5, 2005

A bad evening

I am so annoyed right now. And annoyed at myself too. Brendan has absolutely stomped on my last nerve today. I think it is the combination of:

tiredness (I rarely get to sleep in on weekends anymore)
pain (my muscles hurt from all this yard work)
&
needing quiet me time (and not having much of it)

He has this problem where he is hitting and he often hits me in the face. I get mad and put him in his room, or yell at him, or pop him on the butt and then I feel bad. I don't want to be a bad father, but I can only take so much of that. I hope that my patience level increases (guess I need to do a Vulcan Meditation) or that he will get over this phase.

I've always dreamed of having a soundproof room in my house where I could lock the door and no one else could bother me for as long as I wanted to be in there. It would be behind a closet or something where it would be hidden and no one would know where it was unless I told them. I think it is kind of like that movie Panic Room. I haven't seen that but I've heard about it.

OK, you can't tell, but there's been like a 15 minute hiatus in this writing where I got annoyed at him (Bren) again for dumping out a huge box of crayons. I just had to have quiet, so I grabbed my keys and exited house front to go sit in my truck and listen to the radio. Problem number 1: It's raining. Problem number 2: espee's cut fronds are all over the sidewalk. Problem number 3: we've tilled a "moat" which is now inconveniently MUD in the front yard. Problem number 4: Damn it! I'm barefoot! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Well, mud or razor sharp fronds. Hard Choice. I took the mud and listened to one song before I came back in and laughed and told Jen the story. Whew, that was a little bit stress relieving.

No comments: