May 18, 2005

Weird Ebay Auctions

Thanks to J-walk's blog for a link to Weird Ebay Auctions. One for a box of Kleenex supposedly with money inside is interesting. Apparently there's a whole lot of people who bid on mystery items hoping they're worth more than they pay. Pretty smart! http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsavage822 is one of the sellers.

I must admit, I put the Kleenex box on my watch list...

OK, Update later:

So, the kleenex box auction ended.

Winning bid: US $1,400.00
Ended: May-19-05 10:19:33 PDT
Start time: May-12-05 10:19:33 PDT
History: 75 bids (US $9.99 starting bid)
Winning bidder: highflyinsister (10)

It was interesting, but I'm kind of sad that this person won. Come on, with a 10 feedback, I'd say that the chances of the seller getting paid are less than 50%. I don't mean to dis, but people with low feedback winning super-high dollar auctions is just not something that makes me feel confident of payment. Ehh...whatever.

http://outrageous-ebay.blogspot.com/

No comments: