May 8, 2005

Can This Black Box See Into the Future?





This is a really amazing story about a bunch of random number generators that seem to "detect" major events as evidenced by deviations in the patterns of numbers that are generated. I plan to follow it for a while and maybe even do some experiments on my own.

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=126649

Very interesting, if a little bit fringe, by today's scientific standards.

Haha! It's funny that I wrote that. I expect people have expressed that exact opinion prior to many of the breakthroughs that we consider commonplace today. That's one of the reasons I keep this blog. I hope that Blogger is still around in 5 or 10 years, so that I can go back and look at my writing and say, "Gee, I was stupid back then." or more preferably, "Gee, I was interested in that before anyone had really heard of it." Hehe.

Here's the link to the actual project web page.

Global Consciousness Project

I wonder if there was a little spike while I was cursing at my cut hand yesterday. [smirk] It still hurts and since I forget not to use it, has been bleeding off and on. Ouch... "Pain is the payment that stupid people receive for not using their brains"

No comments: