April 18, 2008

1&1 Internet

I just did a survey of customer satisfaction for my preferred webhost, 1&1 Internet. I feel that I need to air the opinions I shared with them, so here they are. Comments welcome.

I have been using and recommending you to my consulting clients, but your *nasty* policy of sending things to collections so quickly makes me feel like finding another host to recommend. It is embarrassing to get calls (two of which I've received already) asking me why my recommended host has sent a bill to collection. In both instances, the person's credit card on file had expired and they forgot to update with the new one. You need to institute a last resort phone call before you send something to collections, or you risk losing customers. Everyone gets a new credit card periodically, and you really don't deal well with that. I hope you will work to improve.

No comments: