September 6, 2006

Recent Events

It's been a long time since I've written anything. I don't really have a reason other than the fact that I haven't been inspired. Jen is going to write her version of Andy's birth story, and I want that to come out before I write my version, so I think I've been using that as an excuse to not write.

Something happened today though that I need to make note of. At about 4 am Andy woke us up with a gaging sound, and for the next two hours proceeded to grunt and groan and strain like he was trying to have a BM. The extended duration of said session of suggestive sounds gave us grounds for worry, so we phoned a friend - the call a nurse hotline. Nurse said take him to the Pedi-ER, so we did. We get there at 6:15am and after about 5 hours in there (with Any having blood draw, a spinal tap, an IV, and a catheter) we were admitted and moved to a room. Our Pedi came by and ordered up a battery of tests which is standard for under 3-monthers. "We go way over board on kids this young to make sure we catch anything that might be wrong." I agreed with an appreciated that philosophy. So, they did an upper GI check and it seems that almost overnight the boy has developed reflux. He's going to be in the hospital thru Thursday for observation, but this certainly complicates our lives a little. We'll see how things go...

This also happens to be my first night keep Brendan all by myself. Jen is at the hospital with Andy, so we're here - me blogging and him playing Mario Kart. :) Before we came home, we Mama Margies for Pollo Jack enchiladas and Bean n Cheese tacos and chips. I've never seen a little boy love salsa as much as this one. Opens mouth and points. "Is hot dad!" Give the boy some water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so many young babies have reflux. I'm proud to say I thought that was the case by your description before I got to the answer. It's been a while since I messed with babies.