September 12, 2006

10 years of work

Today I got my 10 year service award at the University where I work. It came with a handshake from the President during a mass, a nice plaque, and a free lunch. They used to give out little gifts, but not any more. I personally was perfectly happy getting the plaque. That was enough. It says "To Darrell H, for 10 years of dedicated service to the University."



I can't wait to put it on the wall in my office!

This has been my only real job during my adult life, so I'm fairly proud to have lasted. I have had internships (Eckrich) and part time jobs (Vet Clinic) and have my own consulting business, but 10 years at one job is something significant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. That is impressive. Hope things are going great with the new kiddo.

d

DarrellH said...

All good, mate. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Congrats indeed. Remember when you wouldn't tell that old lady about how to cure her dog's diarrhea, so she ended up shooting it? That was a shame. I guess it's for the best that you went into your current field.