March 12, 2006

Chinese Food

Today for dinner we went to South Garden Chinese Restaurant. We love it. It's the best mid-price sitdown Chinese you can get. It's a bargain at lunch particularly, but we missed going for lunch, oh well. I enjoyed my favorite Pork with Garlic sauce, no celery. Jen has Sweet n Sour Shrimp with veggies in brown sauce. Brendan has Chicken nuggets and Smiley French fries which he didn't really eat, but that's OK. I put one in Jen's extra red sauce just for fun. It looked pretty cool there, but it doesn't really in the picture. Oh well.



A funny thing that happened while we were there was that the waiter came up with what I was almost sure was Tea, and asked me "More Water?" I said "Sure" and watched him proceed to pour tea into my mostly empty water glass. He sat it down and then there was a moment of silence as I looked at it and as he looked at it and realize what he had done. He was so embarrassed, but I just busted out laughing. He literally snatched the glass and ran off to the back. In like 1.2 seconds, he came running back with another glass, and apologizing profusely. It was so funny! He apologized about 4 more times before we were finished eating. It was great. We got our fortune cookies and all three kissed them together before eating them. Bren took his and went over near another table (the place was deserted) and started eating on it. All of a sudden he says "A paper!" I guess he didn't know that those have papers in them. Hehe. So, here were our fortunes.



It was a great meal. Anyone coming to San Antonio should really eat there. I suggest lunch since it's cheaper, but the portion is bigger at dinner. I'm a pretty healthy eater and I couldn't down all I got on my plate. Now that's saying something!

Afterwards, Jen did some shopping in HEB while Bren and I stayed in the car. I freed him from his carseat so that he could climb around in the truck, just for fun. I put his window down in the back seat just enough for him to stand in the seat and have his head out the window with his hands on the top of the glass. He said hello to people as they went by, talked to the hundreds of birds on top of the store, and just generally chattered and made people laugh. It was cute. :]

No comments: