January 2, 2006

Welcome to '06

Welcome to 2006! Today, among other things, I'm thinking about the fact that US postage rates are about to go up on January the 8th. That got me thinking about the "letter" stamps that you can use to make your old stamps match the new rate. This page shows pictures of those stamps. I am wondering if I can find out what the new make-up stamp will look like. From the page above, the first stamp that I remember is the E rate.



I loved that stamp. It may have been the first thing to get me interested in stamp collecting. I've since decided that it costs more money than I want to spend to collect stamps, but maybe in my old age I can go back to it.

Here's a link to USPS publication 604a, which shows pictures of nondenominated postage. They're black and white, and only so-so quality...


Here's a picture of one of the new 39 cent stamps that I found on USPS, but I still haven't found what the new make-up stamp is --- if there is going to be one. I like the Chili Peppers a lot, but the rest of the series is not nearly as cool - which I why I'm only showing this one. :p

Update: This is the only one I've found so far. Maybe they aren't using a letter stamp this time. That would be sad.



Maybe some people like Navajo jewelry, but I'm not one of them. That thing looks like a map of the left occipital nerve ganglia or a Romulan battle cruiser or something. I'll buy some of these and use two instead...

No comments: