August 21, 2005

...And not much else

I haven't been doing a heck of a lot else other than working and RuneScape lately. I did rearrange part of the garage this morning, and I put away some dishes out of the dishwasher, but that's not much. Sorry Jen!

This upcoming Monday we start officially using the Stromberg biometric timeclock system at work.

You go up to a timeclock (strategically placed near my office - hehe) and punch in your ID number -mine's 5 digits - and then you touch the sensor on top to clock in. It's really cool. I love it. I am almost guaranteed to get at least a few minutes overtime each pay period now because the payroll department has decided to pay to the minute. So, since I almost always take a short lunch, I should get 30 minutes or so extra per paycheck. I can't just sit in the lunch room when I know there's work to be done. So, a few extra bucks won;'t hurt and no one will probably care enough to say anything...

We saw Robots yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I'd like the DVD, I think.

I need to watch the Matrix (first one) again. It's been months since I've watched my favorite movie.

I want to get the DVD of Harry Potter 3. I never yet mentioned in here that we finished book 6 last week. We were sad, devastated even. R.I.P. sir! I think that he'll make a reappearance. I'm not saying who, as I'm particularly not fond of spoilers. Go read it! hehe.

I went outside today and watered the front and back yard. Bren played with the hose in the back afterwards for a while and got soaked, which was fine. :) He really likes playing with the water hose. Very similar to another little blonde boy from the country many years ago. He's my son all right! The bad thing was that at 4 o'clock I looked out and noticed the hose was still running at full blast! Doh! Well, we'll have a really green patch of lawn this week!

Have had lots of car trouble lately. Spent a ton of money at Pep Boys (not my preferred automotive doctors) and after two trips, it was fixed - or so I still think. We'll see if I get to work tomorrow. Hope so. I hate being stuck on the highway. It's even more of a concern now that we only have 1 car. Oh well, such is life.

Have watched a few Voyager episodes lately. Really enjoy it. We've watched it all before, when it was in production, but it is almost as much fun to watch now in reruns.* We're almost finished with season 4. I love the end-of-season cliffhangers!!!

* You know - reruns. ;)

That's all for now. Back to woodcutting and firemaking. I'm a high score in firemaking now. Wahoo! I wish I could put a link to that here, but the RuneScape people don't let you link to anything other than their front page. Runehq.com has a box that you can put on your website showing your scores, so I plan to do that, but I have to find out how and where I can put it so it doesn't mess up my blog...

Really, that's all for now. :=)

No comments: