July 16, 2005

RoadRunner to EarthLink

I've been sitting here on the telephone for about 20 minutes because I switched from RoadRunner to EarthLink about a month ago and the service hasn't changed. I called the help line and waited for a long time, finally getting "Jim" at RoadRunner national tech support. I'm not sure why I ended up with him, but he was definitely not where I wanted to be. I didn't want to hang up on him, so I bit the bullet and explained about switching and the lack of change. He didn't really have any help for me, but offered to transfer to my local customer service (which is what I thought I was waiting for anyway). So, at the end of a lot of calls these days, the rep has to say a little thank you line, right. He says "Thank you for choosing...uh...what you've chosen. Have a good day." The script says "Thank you for choosing RoadRunenr", of course, I've heard it many times before. Poor guy, he was embarrassed and so was I. I love RoadRunner, and this is what I told him, but the price is just too high. :(

No comments: