November 20, 2007

Oni-Con & Houston

I have known that I needed to write this down, but I've been so busy lately...

I went to Oni-Con 2007, apparently the 4th one, and had a BLAST! It was so much fun. Me, my friend Christopher, and JoseLuis and Jennifer all stayed together. We only went to Saturday, but we had a really good time. We went thru the dealers room about 4 times, watched some AMVs, took a ton of pics of people in costume, played some video games, and just generally enjoyed ourselves. I didn't go to any of the panels, but they did. I have learned since that I missed a major important thing by not going to any panels, but I'll do that next time I guess.

Their site says they have over 4,000 attendees. I'm so happy about that.

We also ate at Tan Tan Restaurant. It was an awesome place. Over 300 dishes, and I want to try so many more of them. I had Shredded Pork over crushed rice. It was tasty, but I wish I'd had some of the Pan Fried Noodles. Christopher had Chargrilled Pork and Egg Cake with Crushed Rice. The egg cake was awesome. He let me taste a little. I can't wait to take Jen there.

After that, we went to Hong Kong City Mall. It was great. It has inside of it the biggest Asian market I've ever seen. I spent a lot there. :)

We also shopped at where I bought a copy of Saigon Top Hits 28 from the $1.99 bin. It is really good!!!! I want to get more volumes!

No comments: