August 13, 2007

Typing, no theme

My friend showed me this weirrrrrrd music video...



Unrelated to that:
------------------
Been a busy week at work. Going crazy trying to get about 3000 students' account organized into their right places before orientation on the 18th. Also have been trying to get my two assistants to commit to more work so we can finish that. They won't firmly commit. "Well, maybe I can..." Come on dudes, you need the money!

Unrelated to that:
------------------
I haven't really been working on finding a new job. I'm still sad that I didn't get the one at that bank :( :( :(

However, I do have two firm references. The lady that first hired me as a student, and the guy that hired me from there on as full-time. Definitely good. My references will be more organized now. I just have to get one last one for sure.

Unrelated to that:
------------------
Oh gawdddd we're all sick. First Jen on Friday, then Andy, and me last night, and Brendan in the wee hours of this morning. I hate being sick. We had spaghetti last night and I saw the return of spaghetti much sooner than I expected to. Brendan came into the living room at 4am, where I was trying to distract myself with net, and said "I spit on the room. You cleanup?" Poor little chum. He slept on the couch and still is, his sleep interspersed with waking up to barf. Hopefully my barfing is over. I have been drinking tiny sips of water because I'm as thirsty as a dog in the desert, but even that makes my stomach hurt. I ache.

Unrelated to that:
------------------
We've been buying games for the Nintendo 64 on eBay for Bren. He likes them, and they're cheap. Jen got me Chrono Cross which is rated 10 on gamespot. It's a PS1 game, but I'm anxious to play it if I can ever finish the Diablo II expansion.

Unrelated to that:
------------------
Over the weekend, when we were all fairly well, we went to Jen's cousin's baby shower. It was nice. The cake was good. Costo, I think. We also both got to chat with her cousin Jamie with whose mom we're estranged. I like Jamie. She's an anime fan like me. The shower was at Alamo cafe, where 7 years ago we were married. Needless to say, it is one of our favorite places to eat. Oh, eating, my stomach hurts just thinking about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I myself seem to have gotten a little something of a gi bug. I hope I feel better before tomorrow morning or I may spit on the room when I visit one of my patients who tends to poop on the room.

Actually something else comes to mind here. I expect Brendan will someday more correctly differentiate words like vomit and spit. You'd be amazed though how many patients tell me they "vomicked" or "threw up" when upon further questioning they describe to me themselves that they really only spit up a very small amount of clear saliva --- then show me. Ready for lunch now?