December 9, 2006

Busy Week

Been a busy week. No time for Blogging, unfortunately.

Mon: Helping Dobie pack to move
Tue: Helping Dobie pack to move
Wed: Putting up Christmas lights with Dobie's help
Thu: Baking an ass-ton of cookies
Fri: Anime Club meeting
Sat: Consulting and working on mom's website
Sun: Go pick up the family from my folks

Now it has to be said that Mon & Tue didn't exactly go as stated. Dobie decided both nights he didn't feel like packing, so we went out to eat and fooled around. It was fun, but I knew that I had other things that I needed to be doing, so I was a little anxious. I got free meals though.

Wed, we watched the "Whitehouse Christmas" program that I wanted to watch, and then he was going to help me put up more Christmas lights. Wellllll, he stayed on the couch while I did my work and about 30 minutes before I quit, he came out to give me moral support. But touch a light, he did not. Oh well, then we went out for a Whataburger. No complaints; another free meal. I am very happy with my Christmas Lights so far, but I'm only 2/3 done.

Thu was fun, but trying. I decided to bake sugar cookies from scratch using AB's recipe. When I was ready to start, I found that I had no parchment nor foil that I could find to bake on. So I ran to the store. Finally when everything was in order, it took a lot longer that I expected. I made 3 batches of this dough and really had a good time doing that and listening to Christmas music on Pandora. It was 2 cookies for the tray, 1 for Darrell, 2 cookies for the tray...hehe. By batch two, I'd had enough freakin cookies. They were good though. Next time, I need to experiment with more flavorings. The taste was subtle, which is to say a bit bland. I finished that at 1:30am. Note to self: it takes a damn long time to make cookies from scratch. See?



Fri: Anime Club meeting went great. Cookies were all eaten. We watched Love Hina Christmas special and something called Excel Saga. Excel Saga was so freakin confusing, but very funny. It had many self references in it. I think that series was made by someone on crack. I want to watch more of it. :p

Sat: Had consulting this morning, and this afternoon I'm planning for a marathon to try and finish mom's website. But first, I have pizza on order and just have to go get it. Yum! Hot pizza on a cold day. What could be better?

2 comments:

Margo said...

Baking Cookies? You are a man who can do it all!! :-)

DarrellH said...

Just call me super-hubby!