December 20, 2006

Busy December

I swear this has been the busiest December of my life. It all started on the 1st, with my work Christmas party, which I was on the planning committee for. Then, on the 4th, a big conversion from my old junk mail filtering software to a newer better version. In the intervening weeks, there were a number of meetings, consulting jobs, shopping trips, putting up the Christmas lights, frantically working on mom's website, baking an ass-ton of Sugar cookies from scratch, etc. Hmm, maybe one shouldn't say ass-ton and scratch in the same sentence. (^_^) Oh well. This week has been whirlwind too getting ready for Christmas. We've been working hard this evening to polish off the perishable holiday goodies we've made or been given too. I know, such hard work, but someone has to do it. (!!!)

I'm really looking forward to Christmas, not only because I've asked Santy Claus for a new digital camera, but because Brendan is really going to enjoy it and it is going to be Andy's first Christmas.

I'm also really happy because I learned today that my friend Coll and his wife are adopting a 2-year-old Russian boy. This is just wonderful. I'm so happy for them. I belive, from his cryptic emails, that they are in Russia right now meeting him.

This is truly going to be a good Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and readers. Rutherford, F.D.McKrakken, Margo, Silver, FO's wife, FD's pal Don, all our pals Mark, Double-A, and Daisy.



For next year's Christmas display, I have to check this out: LightScape. Somehow I will manage to do computer-controlled lights next year like this guy. He rocks.

2 comments:

Rutherford said...

Merry Christmas to you too --- from the Pit of Suffering. Just kidding. It's the Pit of Healing.

Margo said...

Wow! You have been busy!

Congrats to Coll! That is wonderful news, and I hope you had a great Christmas! I'm sure Brendan made out like a bandit. ;-)
What kind of camera did you get? Two of my best friends each got new digi's.