October 19, 2011

CanoScan N670U Windows 7 Driver

I've been trying for weeks to get my Canon CanoScan N670U scanner working with Windows 7. Since there's no Windows 7 Win 7 driver for it, I tried instruction from here (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47041-canoscan-n670u-no-driver.html) which advised compatibility mode. I couldn't get that to work. I've also used the wonderful VueScan program at work (http://www.hamrick.com), but didn't want to buy it for home, even though I'm almost sure that spending the $40 would have solved my problem.

So, here's my solution to make the Canon CanoScan N670U scanner work with Windows 7.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT DOWNLOAD THE CanoScan LIDE 200 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 7 FROM http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_lide200#DriversAndSoftware

THAT'S IT!!!!!!! Weeks of tweaking and work, and I finally figured it out. Ahhhhh. Thanks for the no help, Canon. It would be ever so helpful if you would post that little tidbit of info on the N670U driver download page.

Cheers!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You very much. You made my day. Scanner is working :)))

Anonymous said...

You are my savior

Anonymous said...

Thank You very much from Paraguay

Anonymous said...

Not for me :(

Anonymous said...

Works great with Win7 32 bit, SP1
Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous said...

did not get i working under win7-64b.
device manager shows-can not find a driver

Anonymous said...

Doesn't work with VueScan even..

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Thanks a bunch! It works with my Win7 32bit version too.
(Hungary)

৫০০০ ফ্রেন্ড রিকোয়েষ্ট চান ? লাইক ও কমেন্ট দিয়ে একটিভ থাকুন said...

Thank You very much. You made my day. Scanner is working :)))

Unknown said...

W7 Ultimate x32 don¨t working.Find scaner but problem with WIA driver.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot.

hgo

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot!

Sam said...

Thanks. It worked!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, but i dont know why it didn't work for my toshiba windows 7 sys 32 ,feel disappointed !!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks for letting us know

Unknown said...

Yes, works with 32-bit, not 64-bit.Ican only get it operating with VueScan, but you have to part with $$$$'s

Anonymous said...

Mi sistema es de 64 Bits y no funciono, Gracias de todos modos